Assisted Living Worker
Are you an Assisted Living Worker looking to make a difference in a Residential Care Site?
We are looking for an Assisted Living Worker for a Long-Term Residential Care site who will be responsible for the care services.
What your typical day will look like:
- Assists residents with toileting, including the use of commode, bedpan, or urinal and applying or removing incontinence products.
- Assists residents to participate in social and recreational activities of their choice.
- Assists with making of occupied beds, and light housekeeping of resident room.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents.
- Observes and reports changes in a resident’s functional and cognitive behaviour to the manager.
- All safety rules and safe work procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Reports all hazards, incidents, near misses and workplace injuries to the manager immediately and in writing.
- Does not participate in unsafe situations (horseplay), and corrects any unsafe conditions if able.
- Actively participates in all Health and Safety initiatives and make suggestions to improve Workplace Health and Safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Long Term Care Aide program.
- Has had Dementia Care component in their program or has completed a recognized Dementia Care program; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Recognized Medication Administration course recognized by the applicable Health Authority.
- Food Safe Certification
- OFA Level 1
What we will provide to you:
- Competitive salary
- Above-average vacation entitlement
- Opportunities for advancement and education funding
- A great supportive team
Please click here to apply for this position -