Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator (PA18)
We are growing again and looking for an Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator to join our team!
Under the direction of the Manager of Corporate Occupational Health & Safety, the Coordinator is responsible for working with individual sites in Long Term Care and Assisted Living and management to ensure that each unique Safety Management System meets both WorkSafeBC and Certificate of Recognition requirements.
Pro Administration Will Provide You:
- A Competitive salary range of $23 - $25 per hour
- Flexible working hours - 8AM - 4PM or 9AM - 5PM
- Above average vacation entitlement
- An excellent Health and Dental plan
- Opportunities for advancement and education funding
OH&S Coordinator Qualifications Include:
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- A minimum of 1-2 years recent related experience.
- A Health and Safety Certificate is considered an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the utilization of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be available to alter schedule to accommodate specific site request and needs on a needs basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle as travel to/from various sites within the Lower Mainland on a daily basis is required, as well as out of town (BC Interior, Vancouver Island, Northern BC and/or Alberta) 2-3 times per quarter.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
OH&S Coordinator Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Creates and follows up with Site Managers to ensure that Violence and MSIP surveys are completed annually.
- Work with on-site managers to respond to WorkSafeBC Inspection reports as needed.
- Completes Risk Assessments for sites, as needed.
- Assist site managers with maintaining Occupational Health and Safety programs in compliance with WorkSafeBC & easily understood.
- Participates/Chairs the Corporate OH&S Committee and provides suggestions and ideas for quality improvement with regards to all OH&S concerns and ideas.
- Recommends training workshops literature, and resources for the sites and corporate office.
- Maintain accident/incident prevention program for Pro Vita and WestCana, based upon history of incidents. Prevention programs will encompass all injury types, including MSIP.
- Will monitor all accident investigation reports, follow up with site managers and operations/district managers where required.
- Provide training to workers and managers as needed on all OHS topics to ensure compliancy with WCB procedures.
- Audit assigned sites annually for compliancy with WorkSafeBC Regulations/Act and all Certificate of Recognition standards.
- Work with on-site management to ensure COR standards are met.
- Identifies and investigates health, environmental, safety issues through a regular quality assurance and inspection program.
- Conducts hazard identification and risk management analysis.
- Conducts statistical trend analysis on safety data monthly, analyze and identify trends.
- Assist the management and submission of WorkSafeBC claims for our employees that are stationed at the various sites under our umbrella.
*Only those qualified for the position will be contacted*