Assisted Living LPN Supervisor (PV1215)
Assisted Living LPN Supervisor - Mountain Lake
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Assisted Living LPN Supervisor with a passion for the elderly to join our team, at a Long Term Care Facility in Nelson, BC.
- Sunday-Wednesday, 8:30am-8:30pm
Assisted Living LPN Supervisor Must Haves:
- Current nursing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as an LPN
- CPR (Level C)
- Occupational First Aid (Level 1)
- 3-5 years of recent related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required (monitoring of evening and night shift and weekends).
- Proficiency with Health Informatics systems such as Minimum Data Set (MDS), Gold Care or Point Click Care, eMar.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- 100% company paid Extended Health & Dental package that includes Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- A standard 8AM – 4PM schedule (with flexibility to modify as required).
- Internal opportunities for growth and development, since we believe in promoting from within.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Assisted Living LPN Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Manages contracted Pro Vita care staff by performing duties such as interviewing, hiring, orientation; scheduling, coordinating work assignments, providing direction, coaching, evaluating performance, investigations and discipline.
- Directs Pro Vita personnel in their day-to day work and provides on-going training and development of personnel.
- Communicates established care standards and procedures to Pro Vita personnel, integrating staff into care procedures accordingly.
- Develops and implements effective work routines assessing workload/staffing needs. Communicates increased workload needs to the Tenant Service Manager of the facility and Pro Vita Operations Manager.
- Coordinates in conjunction with the Tenant Service Manager and Designated Case Manager, admission and discharge planning and identifying utilization issues. Refers unresolved issues to the Tenant Service Manager.
- Participates in the creation of tenant service plans, ALW to-do lists and tenant service reviews, as well as consults with families and/or designates in the care of the tenants.
- Advises the Operations Manager of any deficiencies in the systems, services and resources that support the delivery of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement activities and projects, including the facility Accreditation process.
- Performs administrative tasks such as payroll, vacation requests and approvals, office supply needs and requisitions and other related administrative tasks.
- Available via cellular telephone for emergency calls from facility during non-office hours.
- Works collaboratively with all other non-contract employees of Pro Vita at the site to ensure continuity of care.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!