Rehabilitation Assistant (PV1503)
Rehabilitation Assistant - Windermere Care Centre
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Rehabilitation Assistant with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Rehabilitation Assistant (NOC 3414)|
|Location of Work:||Vancouver|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Casual|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Full time: 5 days on & days 2 off, 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours/week
Casual: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday
Rehabilitation Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assists residents with established rehabilitative programs, such as task analysis, application and use of special seating, application and use of commonly used assistive devices, joint rotation, and cognitive rehabilitation.
- Positions, sets up and monitors programs such as enhancement and maintenance of range of motion exercises i.e. passive/active/assisted, stretching routines, enhancement and maintenance of muscle strength and endurance exercise, and ambulation programs where a variety of assistive devices and/or gait patterns are expected.
- Prepares designated modalities for residents such as hot packs, ice packs, electrotherapy and exercise apparatus for treatment as directed by the therapist.
- Transports residents to and from recreation or rehabilitation programs utilizing mechanical aides such as walker, wheelchair and lift.
- Records observations on the care plan and reports observations of resident behavior and progress or lack of progress to the Primary Nurse and Physiotherapist if available.
- Teaches, directs and demonstrates techniques and methods of related activities to residents, care staff and volunteers.
Rehabilitation Assistant Must Haves:
- Completion of recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program plus 1 year’s recent, related experience working with seniors or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Maintains Valid First Aide Certificate and CPR ”A”.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations & Annual Influenza Vaccine.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.
Other Companies Call This Role: