Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN - Malaspina Gardens
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Nanaimo.
Click to learn more about what we can offer you!
We offer a Signing Bonus!
|Company Name:||Pro Vita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 32101)|
|Location of Work:||100 Eleventh St, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 7A4|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Part-time, Casual|
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 days off, 7:00am-3:00pm, 35 hours/week
Part-time: 2 days on & 4 days off, 11:00pm-7:00am, 22.5 hours/week
Part-time: 4 days on & 4 days off, 11:00am-7:00pm, 30 hours/week
Casual: Days vary, 7:00am-3:00pm, 3:00pm-11:00pm, 11:00pm-7:00am (x3)
$28.43 - $32.98 /hour
100 Eleventh St, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6R6
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNM.
- Holds an active registration with the BCCNM as an LPN.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- English written and spoken.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
What Pro Vita Offers you, as per the Collective Agreement:
- Competitive salaries.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in our employees' well being.
- A benefits package that includes:
- Extended Health that includes prescription drug coverage, acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, naturopathy care, osteopathic care, physiotherapy, psychologist care, speech therapy, & more!
- Dental care that includes basic dental, exams, preventative, routine care and dental restorations.
- Group life insurance,
- Employee and family assistance programs,
- Out of country emergency care.
- Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into the career you want, whether a different front-line role, supervisory, or managerial, if desired.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education after your first year to help advanced your career with us.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, to grow our employees from within!
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
- An EPIC Employee program in which we acknowledge, thank and gift employees that go above & beyond.
- A referral program in which Employees are trusted and given the opportunity to help create the teams they work within, receiving a $100 gift card for every referral made!
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call this Role:
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- General Nurse
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org