Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN - Simon Fraser Lodge
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced multiple Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Prince George.
Click to learn more about what we can offer you!
We offer a signing/working bonus for hours worked! APPLY TODAY & LEARN MORE!!
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management Inc. (Pro Vita)|
|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 32101)|
|Location of Work:||
2410 Laurier Cres, Prince George, BC V2M 2B3
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Permanent; & Casual|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Full-time: 4 days on & 4 off, 06:30am-06:30pm & 06:30pm-06:30am, 39.4 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 off, 02:30pm-10:30pm, 35 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 4 off, 06:30am-06:30pm, 39.4 hours/week
Casual: Days vary, 6:30am-2:30pm, 6:30am-6:30pm, 2:30pm-10:30pm, 6:30pm-6:30am
$28.76 - $32.98 /hour (base wage: $28.76)
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNM.
- Holds an active registration with the BCCNM as an LPN.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- English written and spoken.
What Pro Vita will offer you, as per Collective Agreement:
- Re-location package to assist you with moving & re-locating to Penticton.
- Paid vacation of 4-8% and sick entitlement, as we believe in our employees' well being.
- A benefits package that includes:
- Extended Health that includes prescription drug coverage, acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, naturopathy care, osteopathic care, physiotherapy, psychologist care, speech therapy, & more!
- Dental care that includes basic dental, exams, preventative, routine care and dental restorations.
- Group life insurance,
- Employee and family assistance programs,
- Out of country emergency care.
- Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into the career you want, whether a different front-line role, supervisory, or managerial, if desired.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education after your first year to help advanced your career with us.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, to grow our employees from within!
- A referral program in which Employees are trusted and given the opportunity to help create the teams they work within, receiving a $100 gift card for every referral made!
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, March 2023.
Contact us: email@example.com
Pro Vita Head Office Business Address: Suite 204 - 15288 54a Ave, Surrey, BC V3S 6T4
Other Companies Call this Role:
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- General Nurse