Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN - Simon Fraser Lodge
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced multiple Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Prince George.
We offer a signing/working bonus for hours worked! APPLY TODAY & LEARN MORE!!
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management Inc. (Pro Vita)|
|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 32101)|
|Location of Work:||
2410 Laurier Cres, Prince George, BC V2M 2B3
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Permanent; & Casual|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Full-time: 4 days on & 4 off, 06:30am-06:30pm & 06:30pm-06:30am, 39.4 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 off, 02:30pm-10:30pm, 35 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 4 off, 06:30am-06:30pm, 39.4 hours/week
Casual: Days vary, 6:30am-2:30pm, 6:30am-6:30pm, 2:30pm-10:30pm, 6:30pm-6:30am
$28.76 - $32.98 /hour (base wage: $28.76)
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNM.
- Holds an active registration with the BCCNM as an LPN.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written.
What Pro Vita will offer you, as per Collective Agreement:
- Re-location package to assist you with moving & re-locating to Penticton.
- Paid vacation of 4-8% and sick entitlement, as we believe in our employees' well being.
- A benefits package that includes:
- Extended Health that includes prescription drug coverage, acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, naturopathy care, osteopathic care, physiotherapy, psychologist care, speech therapy, & more!
- Dental care that includes basic dental, exams, preventative, routine care and dental restorations.
- Group life insurance,
- Employee and family assistance programs,
- Out of country emergency care.
- Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into the career you want, whether a different front-line role, supervisory, or managerial, if desired.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education after your first year to help advanced your career with us.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, to grow our employees from within!
- A referral program in which Employees are trusted and given the opportunity to help create the teams they work within, receiving a $100 gift card for every referral made!
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, March 2023.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro Vita Head Office Business Address: Suite 204 - 15288 54a Ave, Surrey, BC V3S 6T4
Other Companies Call this Role:
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- General Nurse