Health Care Aide (PV2258)
Health Care Aide / HCA - Gemstone Care Centre
Pro Vita is looking for Health Care Aides / HCA with a passion for the elderly to join our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Kamloops.
|Company Name:||Pro Vita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Health Care Aide (NOC 33102)|
|Location of Work:||1955 Tranquille Rd, Kamloops, V2B 3M4|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Part-time|
Full-time (Temporary): 4 days on & 2 days off, 7am - 3pm, 35 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 days off, 3pm-11pm, 35 hours/week
Full-time (Temporary): 4 days on & 2 days off, 3pm-11pm, 35 hours/week
Part-time: 4 days on & 4 days off, 11pm-7am, 28 hours/week
Part-time (Temporary): 4 days on & 2 days off, 4pm-1030pm, 28 hours/week
Health Care Aide / HCA Must Haves:
- Provincial Registration with the BC Care Aide Registry.
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Nursing program which includes a Dementia Care component or has completed a recognized Dementia Care program.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written.
Health Care Aide / HCA Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- Maintains First Aide and CPR "A" certification.
Health Care Aide / HCA Responsibilities:
- Directs and assists residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, washing, bowel and bladder care, bed making, dressing, nails, oral, skin and hair hygiene.
- Completes all documentation for the aforementioned activities of daily living.
- Lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents using the proper equipment/technique as identified in the resident’s care plan and the policies and procedures.
- Reports need for changes to resident’s care plan, as necessary.
- Conducts a pre-handling assessment prior to lifts, transfers and ambulation of residents.
- Performs and records routine nursing procedures as directed by the on-duty nurse.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
- Health Care Aides
- Registered Care Aide
- Registered Care Aides
- Long term care aide
- Personal Care Aide
- Health Care Assistant
- Personal Care Aide