Registered Nurse (PV2268)
Registered Nurse / RN - Foyer Maillard
Pro Vita is looking for Registered Nurses (RN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Coquitlam.
|Company Name:||Pro Vita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Registered Nurse (NOC 301301)|
|Location of Work:||1010 Alderson Avenue, Coquitlam, V3K 1W1|
|Term of Employment:||Casual|
Casual: Days vary, 06:30am - 02:30pm, 02:30pm - 10:30pm, 10:30pm - 06:30am
|Wage*:||$40.21 -$54.28 /hour|
Registered Nurse / RN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNM.
- Holds an active registration with the BCCNM as an RN.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written.
Registered Nurse / RN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
Registered Nurse / RN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Works with Care Manager to ensure completion Inter-Rai MDS Assessments; including care plans.
- Ensures Fall Safety programs are developed and followed by all facility staff.
- Contributes to the development and modification of the individualized plan of care, by providing input into interdisciplinary care conferences, medication reviews and other meetings as required.
- Completes wound care modules and any other additional learning modules from the learning hub
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Registered General Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner