LPN Supervisor (PV2280)
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Supervisor - Inglewood Care Centre
Pro Vita is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in West Vancouver.
|Company Name:||Pro Vita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Supervisor|
|Location of Work:||725 Inglewood Ave, West Vancouver, V7T 1X5|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time - Temporary (September 2023 - February 2024)|
Full-time: Sunday - Thursday, 10am-6pm, 37.5 hours/week
|Wage*:||$68,000 / annually|
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Supervisor Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNM.
- Holds an active registration with the BCCNM as an LPN.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Supervisor Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Through hands on assistance, monitor clinical skill levels of care staff, develop corrective plans to address issues and implement changes to ensure care standards are adhered to with the Care Manager.
- In response to direct care experiences make appropriate suggestions for adjustments to work schedules or assignments to Care Manager.
- Makes recommendations to Senior Leadership within Facility and Affinity related to staffing levels based on resident needs.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations of residential care within the scope of the contract.
- Ensure compliance with all government, employment and industry laws, regulations and requirements by staying informed of changes and their impact on the organization and its goals.
- If/as required, provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications and medical treatments using skills of empathy and therapeutic communication.
- Ensure all Clinical and Human Resource audits are completed as required and posted on SharePoint with Care Manager
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education to Care Staff as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- General Nurse