Physiotherapist- Laurel Place
Pro Vita is looking for Physiotherapist with a passion for the elderly to join our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Surrey.
|Company Name:||Pro Vita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Physiotherapist (NOC 31202)|
|Location of Work:||9688 137A Street, Surrey, V3T 4H9|
|Term of Employment:||Casual|
|Shift(s)||Days vary, 8:00am - 4:00pm|
Physiotherapist Must Haves:
- A degree in physiotherapist and a period of supervised practical training are required.
- Holds a registration with a regulatory body as required in British Columbia.
- Negative TB Test in last six months.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Communicates effectively in English, both verbal and written.
Physiotherapist Nice to Haves:
- 2 years experience in a physiotherapy capacity.
- Gerontological/ Senior's care environment experience preferred.
- Maintains First Aide and CPR "A" certification.
- Assess the physical capabilities of clients through evaluative procedures, such as functional ability tests, and formulate a physiotherapy diagnosis. Collaborate with patients to establish treatment goals based on the diagnoses.
- Create and execute comprehensive physiotherapy treatment plans, incorporating therapeutic exercises, manipulations, massage, education, electrotherapy, hydrotherapy, and other relevant modalities.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of treatment plans and make adjustments as needed.
- Offer guidance on exercises and strategies for residents to implement, facilitating the enhancement or maintenance of treatment outcomes.
- Maintain open communication with referring physicians and other healthcare professionals to discuss clients' issues, needs, and progress.
- Keep accurate clinical and statistical records and engage in discussions with other healthcare professionals.
- Design and implement health promotion programs for residents.
- Provide consulting or education services as required to meet the specific needs of the individuals involved.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.