Social Worker (PV2287)
Social Worker - Laurel Place
Pro Vita is looking for Social Worker with a passion for the elderly to join our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Surrey.
|Company Name:||Pro Vita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Social Worker (NOC 41300)|
|Location of Work:||9688 137A Street, Surrey, V3T 4H9|
|Term of Employment:||Casual|
|Shift(s)||Days vary, 9:00am - 6:00pm|
Social Worker Must Haves:
- Graduation from a Bachelors of Social Work Program.
- Holds a registration with the BC Association of Social Workers
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbal and written.
Social Worker Nice to Haves:
- 2 years experience in a social worker capacity.
- Gerontological/ Senior's care environment experience.
- Maintains First Aide and CPR "A" certification.
- Proven experience working unsupervised and providing direct supervision.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Interviews prospective residents and their families to determine care needs and provide appropriate counselling to ensure a smooth transition.
- Liaises with outside agencies and health authority to facilitate the planning and scheduling of resident admissions, discharges and transfers.
- Plans, schedules and facilitates resident admissions, transfers and discharges to maximize occupancy and resident/family satisfaction.
- Provides counselling and support to residents and families experiencing transitional distress.
- Plans, develops, organizes, and facilitates resident/family supports, through contact with community health agencies, support organizations and establishment of Resident/Family Council.
- Participates in care conferences and multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, statistics and resident health documentation.
- In collaboration with the care manager, provides guidance to staff by promoting new social work initiatives; developing, interpreting and implementing related policies & procedures, and providing in-service education.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and evaluates social work service programs, policies & procedures and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- As a member of the site leadership team, participates in discussions and decision-making related to health & safety, resident care, financial and human resource management and general operations.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.