Social Worker - Laural Place
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Social Worker with a passion for the elderly to join our team!
We are proud to support residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia and Alberta. Our locations include: Langley, Surrey, Delta, New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Nanaimo, Victoria, Kamloops, Prince George and Vegreville, Alberta.
Pro Vita is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: provita.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
What we will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
What we need from you:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Social Work degree (MSW preferred)
- Current registration with the BC Association of Social Workers
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbal and written
- Two years’ experience working in a Social Worker capacity, preferably within a senior’s care environment.
- Proven experience working unsupervised and providing direct supervision.
- Experience in Quality Improvement Programs and Accreditation.
- Criminal Record Check that indicates no risk for working with vulnerable adults.
- A negative TB skin test or chest x-ray within the last six months or ability to pass TB clearance requirements.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDS, Point Click Care or other related software, & EMAR.
- Ability to type 40 w.p.m
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!