LPN Care Coordinator - Simon Fraser Lodge (PV346)
LPN Care Coordinator - Simon Fraser Lodge
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Care Coordinator with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Nursing Services Co-Ordinator (0311)|
|Location of Work:||Simon Fraser Lodge|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, permanent|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
|Shift(s):||Monday - Friday, 8am-4pm|
LPN Care Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Works with Unit Nursing staff to assign nurses in units to residents.
- Collects incidents reports and keeps records on a tracking tool.
- Ensures RIFS (critical incidents or safety incidents) are forwarded to Care Manager and DOC
- Coaches LPN’s in areas of identified clinical need.
- On a scheduled basis, audit and review the resident care charts of newly admitted residents with special attention to residents identified on “high risk”.
- Complete Pro Vita Monthly CQI audits including but not limited to Care plans, ADL sheets, Documentation, Medication Delivery etc.
- Advises the Care Manager of any deficiencies in the systems, services and resources that support the delivery of care and Support Services.
- Takes the lead in the co-ordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care (i.e. falls, restraint use, wound management, Infection Control)
LPN Care Coordinator Must Haves:
- Current registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses (CLNBC)
- CPR (Level C)
- Occupational First Aid (Level 1)
- Three to five years of recent related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience, primarily in complex care is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required (monitoring of evening and night shift and weekends).
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, email applications, spreadsheets, and/or database programs and excellent knowledge of healthcare technology software and MDS.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/
Pro Vita is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: provita.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.