Licensed Practical Nurses
- Earn a highly competitive hourly wage of $28.76 to $32.02
- Receive an excellent benefits package along with educational assistance and huge opportunities for career progression
- Finish each day knowing that you've truly made a difference in the lives of others
About Pro Vita
Pro Vita is a British Columbia owned and operated company that provides contract care services to various homes. As an organization, we have over 20 years of experience within our industry which spans complex care, administration, management of private facilities, as well as the development and re-development of new and existing facilities.
At Pro Vita we are currently operating in over 20 different homes throughout BC. We know that our continued ability to help the clients within our care and make a difference is thanks to over 2,500 hardworking people who make up our team. We reward the efforts of our team members with competitive compensation, excellent benefits and vacation, as well as opportunities for educational development. We also support our people with a fun, supportive, and social culture that is underpinned by the values of Integrity, Value, Trust, and Quality.
For more information about Pro Vita, please click here.
An Opportunity to Make a Difference
Currently, Pro Vita is looking for enthusiastic Licensed Practical Nurses with a passion for the elderly to join our team. This role is full time and will be based out of Prince George. There are morning, afternoon, and night shifts available for this role spanning 6:30am to 2:30pm, 6:30am to 6:30pm, 2:30pm to 10:30pm, and 6:30pm to 6:30am.
As one of our new Licensed Practical Nurses, you'll work to support and enrich the lives of residents that are within your care.
While no two days in this exciting role will ever be the same, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Encouraging residents' participation, where appropriate, in the decision-making regarding their plan of care.
- Encouraging residents' participation, where appropriate, in being as independent as possible towards achieving an improvement in their care and assistance needs.
- Contributing to the development and modification of individualized plans of care by providing input into interdisciplinary care conferences, medication reviews, and other meetings as required.
- Administering medications and treatments, under the guidance of the Director of Care or the Direct Nursing Supervisor and in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Performing nursing care and procedures and evaluating outcomes as well as recording observations and reporting any problems or changes to the Care Coordinator or the Director of Care.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you need a current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in good standing with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP). Significant previous experience isn't a requirement but is certainly an asset, as is a CPR certification.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll join us with strong communication skills as well as a passion for working with the elderly. Your kind and caring attitude will ensure you connect with the residents within your care and make a real and meaningful difference in their lives.
About the Benefits
In recognition of your hard work and dedication, you'll be rewarded with a highly competitive hourly wage of $28.76 - $32.02. You'll also be entitled to the following incredible overall package:
- An extensive benefits package which includes extended Health & Dental Care, Life Insurance, access to an Employee Assistance Program, Counselling EAP Services, and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Paid vacation and flex time entitlement.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education to help advance your career with us.
- Huge opportunities for career progression with our talent management program whereby we will grow and develop you towards supervisor and managerial roles if that's something you're interested in.
- The opportunity to work within a fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events, as well as our annual Holiday party.
Don't miss out on this chance to make a real difference in the lives of others, Apply Today!