Health Care Aide (HCA) - Villa Carital Care Centre (PV379)
Health Care Aides (HCA) - Villa Carital Care Centre
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Health Care Aides (HCA) with a passion for the elderly to join our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Health Care Aide (NOC 3413)|
|Location of Work:||Villa Carital Care Centre|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Permanent & Casual|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Full-time: Sunday-Thursday, 3:30pm-10pm, 30 hours/week
Full-time: Sunday-Thursday, 3pm-10pm
Full-time: Friday-Monday, 3:30pm-10pm
Casual: As needed
Health Care Aides (HCA) Responsibilities:
- Directs and assists residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, washing, bowel and bladder care, bed making, dressing, nails, oral, skin and hair hygiene.
- Completes all documentation for the aforementioned activities of daily living.
- Lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents using the proper equipment/technique as identified in the resident’s care plan and the policies and procedures.
- Reports need for changes to resident’s care plan, as necessary.
- Conducts a pre-handling assessment prior to lifts, transfers and ambulation of residents.
- Performs and records routine nursing procedures as directed by the on-duty nurse.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Health Care Aides (HCA) Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Nursing program which includes a Dementia Care component or has completed a recognized Dementia Care program.
- Maintains First Aide and CPR "A" certification.
- Food Safe Level 1.
Health Care Aides (HCA) Nice to Haves:
- 1+ year related experience preferred.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/
Pro Vita is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: provita.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.