Assisted Living Worker (AWL) - KinVillage Association (PV400)
Assisted Living Worker - KinVillage Association
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Assisted Living Worker (AWL) with a passion for the elderly to join our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Assisted Living Worker|
|Location of Work:||KinVillage Association|
|Term of Employment:||Casual, Permanent|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Casual: As needed, between 7am-3pm, 3:30pm-10pm, & 11pm-7am
Assisted Living Worker (AWL) Responsibilities:
- Assist with personal care, nutrition, social and recreational activities of residents
- Administers medications as delegated by Licensed Practical Nurse, when required. Ensures safety of resident and follows rights of medication administration.
- Documents residents/patient’s changes in functional and cognitive behaviour
- Lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents/patients using the proper equipment/technique as identified in the resident’s care plan and the policies and procedures
- Assists resident with toileting, including use of commode, bedpan, or urinal and applying or removing incontinence products.
- Assists with making of occupied beds, and light housekeeping of resident rooms
Assisted Living Worker (AWL) Must Haves:
- Graduation from a Long Term Care Aide program including a Dementia Care program
- Recognized Medication Administration course recognized by the applicable Health Authority
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate
- First Aid and CPR “A” certification
Assisted Living Worker (AWL) Nice to Haves:
- 1+ year related experience preferred.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/
Pro Vita is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: provita.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.