Recreation/Activity Aide - Oyster Harbour (PV405)
Recreation/Activity Aide - Oyster Harbour
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced casual Recreation/Activity Aide with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
Recreation/Activity Aide Responsibilities:
- Participates in the creation, organization and implementation of therapeutic recreation programs such as arts and crafts, exercise, music, woodworking, cooking, baking, gardening, outings and other social programs.
- Teaches, directs and demonstrates activities to residents and volunteers.
- Transfers, porters and ambulates residents to and from activities. Implements ambulation programs as designed/designated by Occupational or Physiotherapy or rehab worker.
- Assists residents at meals, including feeding.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents as required.
- Provides input into planning and evaluating recreation programs by reporting observations and resident feedback to the Recreation Coordinator/Manager.
- Completes recording/ statistical sheets on activities including attendance at each activity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Recreation/Activity Aide Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized institution with a Recreational/Activity Certification or combination of experience/training.
- Holds and Maintains a Valid Class 4 BC driver’s license, as applicable to care home needs.
- Maintains Valid Occupational First Aide Level 1 Certificate including CPR “A”.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1.
Recreation/Activity Aide Nice to Haves:
- 2 years recent related experience working with seniors is preferred.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/
Pro Vita is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: provita.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.