Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Mountain Lake (PV498)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Mountain Lake
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 3233)|
|Location of Work:||Mountain Lake|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
|Shift(s):||Sunday-Tuesday: 8:30am-8pm & Wednesday: 8:30am-2:30pm|
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNP.
- Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR “C” Certificate.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site).
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
- 1-2 years’ experience in a complex care site is preferred.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/
Pro Vita is positioning itself to become a leader in the Canadian Health Care Industry and know that our success is all thanks to the hardworking and passionate people who make up our team. Find out what our employees think of working with us by clicking here: provita.ca/careers/employee-testimonials/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.