Director of Care - Mountain Lake (PV503)
Director of Care - Mountain Lake
Are you a Registered Nurse / RN or highly experienced Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN looking to make a difference in a Residential Care Site?
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Director of Care with a passion for the elderly to join our team, at a Long Term Care Facility. This position will be required to hold a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse Registration.
Director of Care Must Haves:
- 4-5 years of health care management experience
- Gerontological experience required
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing
- Current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR “A” Certificate
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care)
- Must maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site)
- Meets the physical requirements for the role
Director of Care Responsibilities:
- Assists with and ensured completion of Care Plan
- Assesses resident health status including differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings; recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium, taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team
- Liaises with Ministry officials, including but not limited to licensing/WCB
- Provides on-call support for facility emergencies and staffing concerns via cell phone.
- Liaises with facility management & Ministry officials, including but not limited to licensing/WCB
- Assists with resident pre-placement visits and suitability decisions
- Intake/Discharge paperwork
- Resident records
- Staff hiring process, maintain staff records, scheduling and payroll submission
- Ongoing training for staff including performance planning and review
- Clinical performances
- Action plan(s) to remedy any audits not meeting minimum standards
- Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Development of new facility programs as required
- Development of facility and company policies
- Medication management and safety policies and procedures
- Clinical and Human Resource audits
- Chair facility committees
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- 100% company paid Extended Health & Dental package that includes Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- A standard 8AM – 4PM schedule (with flexibility to modify as required).
- Internal opportunities for growth and development, since we believe in promoting from within.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today! https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/