Recreation Manager (PV511)
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Recreation Manager with a passion for the elderly to join our team, at a Long Term Care Facility in North Vancouver.
Recreation Manager Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Recreation Program plus three years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Maintains Valid First Aid and CPR “A” Certificate
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1
- Maintains Serving It Right certificate
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- 100% company paid Extended Health & Dental package that includes Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- A standard 8AM – 4PM schedule (with flexibility to modify as required).
- Internal opportunities for growth and development, since we believe in promoting from within.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Recreation Manager Responsibilities:
- Plans, develops, implements and carries out a recreation program involving activities such as arts and crafts, exercise, music, woodworking, gardening, outings. Consults with Family /Resident Council(s) and the Multidisciplinary team in order to determine activities which the residents’ needs. Sets up calendar of events/ activities and teaches the techniques of related activities/ programs. Contacts external agencies for program resources such as entertainment, specialized arts and craft skills and items for decorating for special events.
- Promotes and publicizes upcoming events by performing such activities as publishing a monthly newsletter, putting ads in local papers, posters and talking with residents, families and volunteers.
- Ensures Recreation assessment, inclusive of a social history of the resident is completed within 30 days of admission. Monitors and evaluates resident’s progress during activity programs and reports observations such as emotional well-being and social behaviour to the multidisciplinary team.
- Oversees inventory of equipment, tool and materials and purchases same. Reports damaged or faulty equipment and arranges repair according to established policies and procedures.
- Supervises Recreation Aides by performing such duties such as coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation requirements.
- Maintains contact with community groups (including churches and other spiritual organizations) and volunteer organizations regarding activities that can be held jointly or that the residents can attend in the community.
- Ensures adherence, compliance and education of Infection Control Practices.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today! https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/