Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) - Inglewood Care Centre (PV550)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Inglewood
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
|Company Name:||Affinity Senior Services|
|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 3233)|
|Location of Work:||Inglewood|
|Term of Employment:||Part-time|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Part-time: 2 days on & 4 off, 3:00pm-11:00pm
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNP.
- Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR “A” Certificate.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site).
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
- 1-2 years’ experience in a complex care site is preferred.
What Affinity will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today through our sister organization: https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/