Care Aide - Haven Hill (PV552)
Care Aide - Haven Hill
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Care Aide / HCA with a passion for the elderly to join our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary of $18.99 - *$25.83 SSO rate.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Care Aide Responsibilities:
- Directs and assists residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, washing, bowel and bladder care, bed making, dressing, nails, oral, skin and hair hygiene.
- Completes all documentation for the aforementioned activities of daily living.
- Lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents using the proper equipment/technique as identified in the resident’s care plan and the policies and procedures.
- Reports need for changes to resident’s care plan, as necessary.
- Conducts a pre-handling assessment prior to lifts, transfers and ambulation of residents.
- Performs and records routine nursing procedures as directed by the on-duty nurse.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Care Aide Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Nursing program which includes a Dementia Care component or has completed a recognized Dementia Care program.
- Maintains First Aide and CPR "A" certification.
- Food Safe Level 1.
Care Aide Nice to Haves:
- 1+ year related experience preferred. .
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Health Care Aide (NOC 3413)|
|Location of Work:||Haven Hill|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Permanent & Part-time, Permanent|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Full-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2/3 off, 6:30am-2:30pm, 37.5 hours/week
Full-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2/3 off, 2:30pm-10:30pm, 37.5 hours/week
Full-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2/3 off, 10:30pm-6:30am, 37.5 hours/week
Part-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2 off, 5 days on & 3 off, 4 days on & 3 off, 6:30am-2:30pm, 30 hours/week
Part-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2 off, 5 days on & 3 off, 4 days on & 3 off, 6:30am-2:30pm & 4pm-9pm
Part-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2 off, 5 days on & 3 off, 4 days on & 3 off, 2:30pm-10:30pm, 30 hours/week
Part-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2 off, 5 days on & 3 off, 4 days on & 3 off, 2pm-9pm
Part-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2/3 off, 4 days on & 3 off, 2pm-9pm
Part-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2/3 off, 4pm-9pm
Part-time: rotation of 5 days on & 2 off, 5 days on & 3 off, 4 days on & 3 off, 10:30pm-6:30am
Part-time: 2 days/week, 10:30pm-6:30am
Other companies call this role:
- Health Care Aide
- Health Care Aides
- Registered Care Aide
- Registered Care Aides
- Long term care aide
- Personal Care Aide
- Health Care Assistant
- Personal Care Aide