Registered Nurse - Mountain Lake (PV570)
Registered Nurse - Mountain Lake
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Registered Nurse / RN with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Registered Nurse / RN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Works with Care Manager to ensure completion Inter-Rai MDS Assessments; including care plans.
- Ensures Fall Safety programs are developed and followed by all facility staff.
- Contributes to the development and modification of the individualized plan of care, by providing input into interdisciplinary care conferences, medication reviews and other meetings as required.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
Registered Nurse / RN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNP.
- Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR “C” Certificate.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site).
Registered Nurse / RN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
- 4-5 years of health care is preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Registered Nurse (NOC 3012/3152)|
|Location of Work:||Mountain Lake|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Permanent & Part-time, Permanent|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 off, 3pm-11pm
Part-time: 2 days on & 4 off, 7am-3pm
Part-time: 2 days on & 4 off, 11pm-7am
Other companies call this role:
- Home Care Nursing
- Clinical Nurse
- RN Nurse