RN / LPN Care Manager (PV572)
RN or LPN Care Manager
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced RN or Registered Nurse / LPN or Licensed Practical Nurse as a Care Manager with a passion for the elderly to join our team, at a Long Term Care Facility in BURNABY.
RN / LPN Care Manager Must Haves:
- Current nursing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- CPR (Level C)
- Occupational First Aid (Level 1)
- Three to five years of recent related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required (monitoring of evening and night shift and weekends).
- Proficiency with Health Informatics systems such as Minimum Data Set (MDS), Gold Care or Point Click Care, eMar.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- 100% company paid Extended Health & Dental package that includes Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- A standard 8AM – 4PM schedule (with flexibility to modify as required).
- Internal opportunities for growth and development, since we believe in promoting from within.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
RN / LPN Care Manager Responsibilities:
- 50% of their time assisting staff in direct supervision; Manages contracted care staff by performing duties such as
- interviewing, hiring and orientation;
- scheduling and coordinating work assignments,
- providing direction and coaching,
- evaluating performance,
- discipline and termination.
- Through hands on assistance, monitor clinical skill levels of care staff, develop corrective plans to address issues and implement changes to ensure care standards are adhered to.
- Complete performance evaluations on all care employees and administrative staff prior to at probation, and annually/biannually thereafter, as per facility protocol. Ensuring the Annual Performance Evaluation policies are reviewed and signed.
- In response to direct care experiences make appropriate adjustments to work schedules or assignments. Makes recommendations to Senior Leadership within Facility and Pro Vita related to staffing levels based on resident needs.
- Develop resident care quality improvement goals in collaboration with the Director of Care and the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of residential care within the scope of the contract.
- Ensure compliance with all government, employment and industry laws, regulations and requirements by staying informed of changes and their impact on the organization and its goals.
- If/as required, provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications and medical treatments using skills of empathy and therapeutic communication.
- Renders First Aide/CPR where necessary and completes all required documentation and follow up.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today! https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/