Housekeeper - Opal (PV648)
Housekeeper - Opal
WestCana is looking for strong, experienced Casual Housekeeper with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
- The shifts will be either 7am-3pm or 8am-4pm, as needed
- Provides personal laundry services for care residents in accordance with established work routines.
- Adheres to Infection Control Practices.
- All safety rules and safe work procedures are adhered to at all times. Reporting all hazards, incidents, near misses and workplace injuries to the manager immediately and in writing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Housekeeper Must Haves:
- Maintains WHMIS certification.
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints.
Housekeeper Nice to Haves:
- Building Service Worker Certificate, Institutional Aide Certificate and/or Basic Food Safe Certificate.
- Institutional cleaning experience.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today: https://westcana.ca/careers/current-postings/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.