Floating LPN (PV748)
Floating / Travelling LPN
Pro Vita is looking for 3 strong, experienced Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to float or travel between Long Term, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities within BC. All travel expenses to the sites are reimbursed.
|Company Name:||ProVita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 3233)|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Permanent|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNP.
- Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR “A” Certificate.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site).
- Experience in a complex or long term care.
- Ability to travel for work on a frequent basis.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Local travel in and around BC with all travel expenses reimbursed and paid for.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!