RN / Registered Nurse Supervisor - Inglewood (PV754)
RN / Registered Nurse Supervisor - Inglewood
Affinity is looking for strong, experienced RN / Registered Nurse Supervisor with a passion for the elderly to join one of our teams to support our residents in various Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia.
|Company Name:||Affinity Senior Services|
Evening Registered Nurse Supervisor (NOC 3012/3152)
|Location of Work:||Inglewood, West Vancouver|
|Term of Employment:||Full-time, Permanent|
|Start Day:||As soon as possible|
Sunday: Days 7am-3pm & Monday - Wednesday: Evenings 3pm-11pm
RN / Registered Nurse Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Oversees other RNs & LPNs.
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Works with Care Manager to ensure completion Inter-Rai MDS Assessments; including care plans.
- Ensures Fall Safety programs are developed and followed by all facility staff.
- Contributes to the development and modification of the individualized plan of care, by providing input into interdisciplinary care conferences, medication reviews and other meetings as required.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
RN / Registered Nurse Supervisor Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNP.
- Maintains a Valid First Aid and CPR “A” Certificate.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status (may be a Level 2 depending on site).
RN / Registered Nurse Supervisor Nice to Haves:
- 1+ years in a supervisory or managerial role is preferred.
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
- 4-5 years of health care is preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
What Affinity will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today through our sister organization: https://provita.ca/careers/current-openings/
*Please note that Healthcare wages are currently being adjusted and topped up by the government as per the Single Site Order currently in place. Any displayed wages is therefore reflective of such initiative.