Licensed Practical Nurse - Simon Fraser
Pro Vita is looking for strong, experienced Licensed Practical Nurses (NOC 3233) with a passion for the elderly to join our team!
We are proud to support residents in various Long-Term Care, Assisted Living and Mental Health Facilities around British Columbia and Alberta. Our locations include Langley, Surrey, Delta, New Westminster, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, Nanaimo, Victoria, Kamloops, Prince George and Vegreville, Alberta.
Company Name: ProVita Care Management
Job Tile: Licenced Practical Nurse
Location of work: 2410 Laurier Cres, Prince George, BC, V2M 2B3, Canada.
Term of employment: Full Time Permanent
Start day: As soon as possible
Shift(s): Flexible Schedule, day, evening, Night, Morning.
Wage: $27- $28.76
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ wellbeing.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc.), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
Job duties/ Responsibility:
- Licensed practical nurses.
- Where appropriate encourages residents/patients’ participation in decision making regarding their plan of care and activities of daily while maintaining independence as much as possible.
- Where appropriate encourages residents/patients’ participation in providing their own personal care. Encouraging them to be as independent as possible to towards achieving an improvement in their care and assistance needs.
- Contributes to the development and modification of the individualized plan of care, by providing input into interdisciplinary care conferences, medication reviews and other meetings as required.
- Under the guidance of the DOC or Direct Nursing Supervisor and in accordance with the established policies and procedures, administers prescribed medications and treatments.
- Performs nursing care and procedures and evaluates outcomes; records observations and reports problems and/or changes to the Pro Vita Manager, Registered Nurse or Direct Nursing Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualification and skills required:
- Current registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in good standing with BCCNP
- Maintains CPR (Level A)
- Maintains Practicing Full Scope Licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia (CLPNBC). MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care)
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, email applications, spreadsheets, and/or database programs and excellent knowledge where applicable of Gold Care and/or Point Click Care, EMAR and MDS.
How to apply:
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!