Want to go back to school for free & become a Health Care Aide, while getting PAID? (PV842)
Do you want to be a Health Care Aide / HCA? Do you want your education paid for, while having the opportunity to work & make money!? Then APPLY TODAY to join the HCAP Long Term Care Pro Vita Team!
Pro Vita is looking for determined & hard working individuals in Kelowna to sponsor into the Health Career Access Program (HCAP), a government initiative program for paid work & training to become a Health Care Aide. In this program you will be put through an expedited school process, while working part-time around your schooling as a Multi-Skilled Worker to gain hands on experience and have the opportunity to job shadow HCAs.
- Completion of Grade 10, including English 10 or equivalent,
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally & written,
- Physical ability to carry out duties & operate equipment as needed/required below.
Pro Vita Requirements:
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations (as per the PHO for all Long Term Care facilities)
While in the program & obtaining education, Multi-Skilled Work is provided as follows:
Multi-Skilled Worker Responsibilities:
Supports the site staff by completing basic non-care tasks such as, but not limited to:
- Stripping and Remaking Beds
- Removal of Laundry from Units to designated area
- Delivery of Supplies and Laundry to Units
- Enhanced cleaning of touch points, including but not limited to handrails, doors, handles, carts, light switches, countertops, tables, chairs
- Emptying of Resident Room Garbage and Removal of Garbage from Units to Main Garbage Area
- Delivery of Meal Carts to Floors or support of delivery of meals to resident rooms (if residents are on isolation)
- Adheres to Infection Control Practices
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Multi-Skilled Worker Must Haves:
- FoodSafe Level 1 (paid for through the HCAP)
- WHMIS certification (paid for through the HCAP)
Upon completion of education through the program, individuals will begin to work as Health Care Aide, with guaranteed work through the 1 year service agreement with Pro Vita:
Health Care Aides (HCA) Responsibilities:
- Directs and assists residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, washing, bowel and bladder care, bed making, dressing, nails, oral, skin and hair hygiene.
- Completes all documentation for the aforementioned activities of daily living.
- Lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents using the proper equipment/technique as identified in the resident’s care plan and the policies and procedures.
- Reports need for changes to resident’s care plan, as necessary.
- Conducts a pre-handling assessment prior to lifts, transfers and ambulation of residents.
- Performs and records routine nursing procedures as directed by the on-duty nurse.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What Pro Vita will offer you:
- A competitive salary of $20.95.
- Paid vacation and sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- A benefits package that includes Extended Health & Dental Care (Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, etc), Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where we will grow and develop you into supervisor and managerial roles, if desired.
- Internal opportunities at other locations within our company, since we believe in promoting from within.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.