This job has closed. Click here for more jobs.
Recreation / Activity Aide (PV1979)
Recreation / Activity Aide - Haven Hill
Pro Vita is looking for Recreation/Activity Aides with a passion for the elderly to join our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in Penticton.
Click to learn more about what we can offer you!
|Company Name:||Pro Vita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Recreation/Activity Aide (NOC 33109)|
|Location of Work:||415 Haven Hill Road, Penticton, V2A 4E9|
|Term of Employment:||Part-Time|
|Shift(s)||Tuesday - Saturday, 0800am - 0300pm, 32.5 hours/week|
|Wage*:||$28.74 / hour|
Recreation / Activity Aide Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized institution with a Recreational/Activity Certification or combination of experience/training.
- Holds and Maintains a Valid Class 4 BC driver’s license, as applicable to care home needs.
- Maintains Valid Occupational First Aide Level 1 Certificate including CPR “A”.
- Maintains Food Safe Level 1.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Recreation / Activity Aide Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with seniors is preferred.
Recreation / Activity Aide Responsibilities:
- Participates in the creation, organization and implementation of therapeutic recreation programs such as arts and crafts, exercise, music, woodworking, cooking, baking, gardening, outings and other social programs.
- Teaches, directs and demonstrates activities to residents and volunteers.
- Transfers, porters and ambulates residents to and from activities. Implements ambulation programs as designed/designated by Occupational or Physiotherapy or rehab worker.
- Assists residents at meals, including feeding.
- Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents as required.
- Provides input into planning and evaluating recreation programs by reporting observations and resident feedback to the Recreation Coordinator/Manager.
- Completes recording/ statistical sheets on activities including attendance at each activity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Activities Assistant
- Activity Coordinator
- Activities Specialist
- Activity Specialist
- Activities Associate
- Recreation Assistant
- Recreation Coordinator