Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN - Creekstone Care Centre
Pro Vita is looking for Full-time Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) with a passion for the elderly to join one of our team to support our residents in Long Term Care in North Vancouver.
|Company Name:||Pro Vita Care Management|
|Job Title:||Licensed Practical Nurse (NOC 32101)|
|Location of Work:||1526 Oxford St, North Vancouver, V7J 1E6|
|Term of Employment:||Full-Time|
Full-time: 4 days on & 4 days off, rotation between 6:45am- 6:45pm & 6:45pm-6:45am, 45 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 days off, 2:45pm-10:45pm, 37.5 hours/week
Full-time: 4 days on & 2 days off, rotation between 6:45am-2:45pm & 2:45pm-10:45pm, 37.5 hours/week
|Wage*:||$31.98 - 40.15/hour|
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Must Haves:
- Graduation from a recognized Practical Nurses program or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience recognized by the BCCNM.
- Holds an active registration with the BCCNM as an LPN.
- Maintain Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
- Satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Passes and complies with Ministry of Justice Criminal record Check upon hire and every 5 years thereafter.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written.
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Nice to Haves:
- Gerontological experience preferred.
- MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN Responsibilities:
- Observes, monitors, documents and updates information about resident’s physical and psychological condition, care, and nursing procedures.
- Provides and assists with personal care to residents as required.
- Supports emergency staff scheduling, as required.
- Ensures adherence to Infection Control Practices and provides education as required for Outbreak and basic infection control practices.
Assesses resident health status including, but not limited to:
- Differentiating between normal and abnormal physical findings
- Recognizing deviations from mental health baseline, differentiating between dementia and delirium
- Assesses and monitors resident’s actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Taking appropriate action such as consulting with the primary physician or making referral to the Mental Health Team.
If you are a kind, caring individual who enjoys connecting with and making a difference in the lives of elders – Apply Today!
*Please note that Healthcare wages are being adjusted and topped up by the government currently, February 2023.
Other Companies Call This Role:
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- General Nurse